You have probably heard this a thousand times: admitting you have a problem is the first, and most important, step toward recovery. Admitting you have a problem is nothing to be ashamed of. Rather, it should be looked at as something positive. You are ready to get help, have a better life and escape from the prison that alcohol has held you in for so long.
If you think you may have a problem with alcohol but aren’t sure if you should seek treatment or not, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you unable to control your drinking once you’ve started?
- Do you drink everyday?
- Do you drink at inappropriate times of the day, such as: in the morning or during work hours?
- Do you often find yourself hungover, even if you haven’t drank?
- Has drinking negatively impacted your relationships?
- Are you skipping work, school or other important events because you’ve been drinking, or are sick from drinking?
- Do you need to drink in order to “feel normal?”
- Have you tried to cut back or quit on your own, but found that you cannot?
- Do you go to great lengths to get a drink, or spend a lot of money on drinking?
If you answered yes to some of these questions, getting treatment at an alcohol rehab center could greatly benefit your life.
What To Expect at Alcohol Centers
Upon entering alcohol rehab, you will first go through the detoxification process. Since alcohol is one of the most harmful substances to detox from, it is important that you do not do this alone. It is important to be under medical supervision, and medicine may be offered to you to help ease uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
You will then go through different therapy treatments to get to the root cause of your alcoholism. You will also work with a therapist to repair and strengthen the relationship with your family, and you will also work with a therapist to develop a plan for when you leave treatment. We do everything possible to make sure you stay on the right track. We will help you build new, healthy coping skills and positive habits to take with you so that you can live a healthy, happy, sober life.
We Are Here For You
Throughout your whole stay at Pinelands Recovery Center in New Jersey and Philadelphia, PA, and even after you leave, we are with you every step of the way. When you enter, you will be matched with a Recovery Mentor who will answer any questions you have and will help make you feel comfortable when you arrive. When you leave, you will be placed in our Alumni Program, which gives you access to hundreds of people who have walked in your shoes. This will give you the opportunity to hear stories, gain insight and make new friends to carry with you on your journey. Navigating life after treatment can be scary, so we make sure that you are absolutely never alone.